I have over 18 years of experience working in various thematic areas with vulnerable communities including but not limited to rural agrarian communities, private sector; civil society organization; and local (as well as central) government agencies mainly through capacity building and technical support both as a field person and at management level. I have particularly worked on integrated projects contributing to community livelihood (including enhancing household incomes and food security); women empowerment through girl child education especially peer-to-peer education, promotion of innovative and improved energy efficiency, menstrual hygiene; climate change, and creating resilience; environmental sustainability and socio-economic development and the emerging need for gender mainstreaming and inclusiveness. I have worked with rural communities through facilitating innovations and creating economic incentives for their own socio-economic development. Through participatory approaches I have ably implemented these through integrated models to achieve sustainable holistic development outputs that ensures conservation and development can concurrently happen. I have successfully implemented several huge donors funded interventions with grants from USAID, Austrian Government, Dutch Government; CIDA (now Global Affairs Canada) and several Foundations among others, with both International Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and private sector through a partnership-led approach involving among others, community-based organizations (CBOs), relevant Government Ministries and Local Governments.
SUMMARY OF SKILLS
- Solid experience in using participatory approaches and research to ensure successful project delivery;
- Proven multi- project management, leadership and coordination skills;
- High proficiency in writing different types of reports including situational, progress, quarterly, annual, technical, research and survey reports;
- Have a magnanimous oral communicational skill as well as an adept negotiation, presentation; and conflict management skills;
- Proven and bonafide multitasking skills combined with extraordinary organizational abilities;
- Proven knowledge and experience in project monitoring and evaluation, logical framework (project cycle management), project human resource management, project risk management, project procurement management, proposal writing, budgeting and financial management;
- Good at working within multi-cultural contexts; and a high ability to maintain and quickly gain trust and rapport with all project clients through a partnership approach in project management; and
- Adequate knowledge of the operations and experience of working with Local Governments in Uganda, donors and various stakeholders.
|Last Resume Update||November 10, 2023|