An expert in Social Protection Services
Skills, Specialties, Experience and Goals
- Mainstream Gender and Equity issues in the District and Sub County Development Plans and Budgets
- Provide technical lead in Coordinating planning, implementation, reporting, monitoring and evaluation of all programmes and projects in the department including G&E
- Network with the District Technical Planning Committee and Senior Management to develop Gender and Equity sensitive Action Plans, Budgets and acclimatize with established and inventive approaches to promote inclusiveness
- Conduct staff appraisal and capacity needs assessment to address capacity gaps buts also guide deployment and realignments as and when deemed necessary
- Supervise and monitor implementation of the Gender and Equity issues in the District and Sub County Development Plans and Budgets to ensure compliance.
- In collaboration with the Senior Management and District Technical Planning Committee; review, modify, design and support implementation of key processes, practices and tools to help guide on issues of G&E during recruitment.
- Build capacity of staff and relevant stakeholders through orientation to Heads of Departments, Sector Heads and Community Development officers on gender and environmental mainstreaming, data management, data analysis and results‐oriented programming, monitoring and evaluation methods and principles and report writing techniques and requirements to ensure compliance.
- Together with the Heads of Departments, Sector Heads and Development Partners in the district conduct Environment and Social safeguards situational analysis to inform planning and decision making.
- Provide technical support and guidance to organized youth, women, PWD and Older persons working Groups to participate in Income Generating activities through training in group dynamics and financial literacy
- Represents the district in the district and regional and national Protection Sector working groups where pertinent issues regarding environment and social safeguards are discussed and action points developed for implementation
- Lobby for funds from Council and Donor Agencies, plan, implement and report on fund utilized especially on Gender inclusion in the various plans and budgets
- Supervise and annually appraise staff to check performance over agreed targets and also ascertain capacity needs for each employee in the department.
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of national and local laws and policies on gender, labour and social development. For example; Child protection policy, Work Place Gender Policy, Sex harassment policy at work place and HIV work place policy
.Coordinate NGOs, Community Based Organisations and CSOs in the district to ensure effective deliveries of social development services through harmonized planning
- Ensure work places conform to national policies and standards on occupational health and safety through regular supervision.
- Monitor community awareness and involvement in socio-economic development initiatives so as to increase uptake of development programmes initiative by both men and women without any discrimination.
- Manage the discharge of statutory obligations regarding community care, protection and welfare to protect the rights of the underprivileged and disadvantaged for inclusive growth and development
- Work together with the Planning Unit and other departments to develop systematic and realistic monitoring plans that capture quantitative and qualitative data gender mainstreaming indicators.
- Organize quarterly review meetings for partners to reflect on the impact of their interventions, best practices, and exit and sustainability strategies.
- Oversee financial management, planning and expenditure monitoring, approval of expenditures and related cost allocations as approved by the District Council
- Effectively coordinate the activities of Donor agencies in the district to deliver services more efficiently through Community engagement and advocacy
|Last Resume Update||April 13, 2023|