|Date Posted||August 6, 2019|
Science & Engineering
JOB TITLE: SHIFT ASSISTANT
WORK CENTER: KARUMA HPP
SHIFT SUPERVISOR / CHARGE
Job Summary: Description of the purpose of the job
To oversee plant operations; start-up, loading and shutdown generations units to maintain
production according to requirements from the Dispatch Engineers while observing plant
technical limits and safety of plant and equipment.
Key Responsibilities: Brief description of duties or the responsibilities for the job
1. Control of Active and Reactive Power, control of Voltage, current, generator winding
temperature, turbine and generator bearing temperatures etc.
2. Responsible for Start, Run, Synchronize, Load, shutdown of turbine generators as per
instructions of the Shift Charge Engineer.
3. Monitor Plant operation at all times and incase of System disturbance, normalize the
system through safe and accepted switching procedures.
4. Monitor and record meter and instrument readings in the control room and other equipment’s as required.
5. Performs all switching that can be done from control room and instruct the plant attendant
if any to carry out switching in the power house according to his instructions.
6. Monitor and Report alarms, trips, faults, abnormalities as they are picked up by the
control room computers or the station and remote automated signalization
7. To monitor and Record instrument indications at requisite intervals or as they bring in
Establishment Applicants must be physically fit, able to climb several stairs.
• Ability to work under extreme pressures and make calm and logical decisions.
• Astute and good IQ.
• Good leadership, communication and motivation skills.
• Ability to work in a team as well as lead it.
• Must be highly organized, systematic and precise in work.
• Strong computer skills in spreadsheet and some of the Microsoft Office