|Date Posted||June 12, 2019|
Accounting & Finance
Transport Planning Consultant, Kampala, Uganda
Organization: Institute for Transportation
Work with governments, public transport authorities, and other bodies to collect, process, and
analyze transport data.
● Plan and design non-motorised transport facilities.
● Prepare feasibility reports for transport systems.
● Gather information on international best practices in transport system design and apply
lessons learned in locally.
● Support ITDP director in maintaining working relationships
● Familiarity with transport planning including survey design and management; demand
analysis; and network planning. Knowledge of transport modelling preferred.
● Excellent Excel, Access, CAD, and GIS software skills required.
● Familiarity with the Adobe suite preferred.
● Strong commitment to advancing ITDP’s mission and to environmental and social justice.
● Excellent research and analytical skills. You should enjoy working with numbers!
● Demonstrated ability to manage people and projects to successful project outcomes.
● Strong communication skills, including preparing effective graphics and making powerful
● Ability to communicate complex transport issues through concise, compelling messages.
● Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects with flexibility, work well under pressure
and keep to deadlines.
● Ability to maintain high standards while contributing
other relevant field.