|Date Posted||December 6, 2018|
Job Title: Telecoms Operator
Vacancy Notice: Internal/External
vacancy notice number 056/2018
Position Number 10026386
Position Grade: GL4
Closing Date: 2018-12-10
Direct supervision and support will be received from Associate Administrative Officer. The incumbent will also refer to technical manuals and UNHCR instructions concerning telecom operations.
-Distributes incoming cables, messages, and other communication in accordance with established instructions;
- Ensures that all communications handed to him/her for transmission are properly prepared and authorized and promptly transmitted;
- Selects the most efficient and economic means for the transmission of messages, taking into consideration the nature and priority of communications to be transmitted;
- Maintains a station log where all occurrences related to the operation of the telecommunication equipment are entered;
Ensures that no unauthorised communications are exchanged on the network;
- Ensures that all the equipment placed under his/her responsibility is maintained in good working condition;
- Assists new staff members in the proper operation of telecommunication equipment;
- May perform secretarial functions, such as handling paper work on routine, matters,arranges appointment/meetings both internally and externally, screening telephone calls, types a wide variety of materials from drafts, printed text, using a word processor.
- May assist in making Travel arrangements.
Accountability and Authority
Another UN language and good knowledge of the local language an asset.
- Sound knowledge and practice of Secretarial functions
- Good Communication skills
- 2 years experience relevant to the function