|Date Posted||November 21, 2023|
TB/HIV OFFICERSACTIVITY SUMMARY:
USAID’s Local Partner Health Services – Kigezi & Lango is
a five-year Activity implemented by Joint Clinical Research
Centre (JCRC). The activity is aimed at supporting the
continuation of technical assistance for the implementation
of a district-based, integrated package of quality HIV/AIDS
and TB services to the beneficiary population in the Nine
districts in Lango sub-region. The main goal of the activity
is to increase the availability, accessibility and utilization of
quality, integrated HIV and TB services.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The TB/HIV Officer is responsible for planning,
coordinating, implementing and monitoring project
activities covering TB/HIV within their assigned districts.
S/He provides technical support and oversight to all project
areas including community TB/HIV case identification,
management, DR-TB surveillance, infection control, DOTs
strengthening, recording and reporting, tracking of lost
TB/HIV clients and application of QI in improving TB/HIV
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work with Clinical Mentors and facility teams to
identify community support needs to help facilities
achieve key HIV/TB targets.
• Develop and implement monthly and quarterly work
plans and ensure all planned activities are implemented
• Work with community-based teams to generate
progress reports for internal and external sharing
including weekly, monthly, quarterly, semiannual and
• Support identification, capacity building and
remuneration for Community Linkages Facilitators and
other applicable community structures
• Represent JCRC in HIV/TB working groups and other
program influencing fora in the district/facilities.
• Work with CTL, and partners at the districts to ensure all
required tools, supplies and other logistics required for the
smooth running of TB/HIV activities are secured and made
available to CLFs and other community structures
• Compile all reports and submit in time.
• In coordination with CTL, provides coordination support
for all project areas of HIV and TB
• Work with Districts and health sub-district systems to
ensure and maximize achievement of results through crosssectorial working and coordination.
• Provide Technical Support to CLFs to effectively
implement TB/HIV activities related to the project program
area as planned
• Support CLFs and other community structures to compile
weekly and monthly progress reports
• Work with the M&E team to aggregate and share all
reports with the project team at the region as scheduled
• Support the generation of evidence and lessons emerging
from our TB/HIV programming, including sharing lessons
within and outside the region.
• Account for all funds received in a timely manner
• Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND
• The ideal candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in
Clinical Medicine, Nursing, biomedical sciences.
Candidates with a Diploma in Clinical Medicine/Nursing
with hands on experience in TB/HIV work may be
• Must have a minimum of 2 years working experience in
TB/HIV care and program work
• Experience working in the Lango Sub Region is an added
• Riding skills with a valid riding license is a strong added
• Excellent technical writing, data collection, analysis,
reporting skills; oral and written communications skills
How to apply: All applications must be addressed to; The Manager Human Resource & Development at Joint Clinical Research Centre, Plot
101 Lubowa Campus off Entebbe Road, P.O Box 10005, Kampala-Uganda. Email: [email protected]
The application deadline is Friday, 1st September 2023 at 05:00 pm.
Strictly two documents combined in one PDF are required (Application letter and CV not exceeding 6 pages) Please include the Position title in
the Email Subject line.
Note: JCRC is an equal opportunity employer. Any attempts of influencing the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.