|Date Posted||August 7, 2019|
Science & Engineering
TITLE: Operations Manager
Job Summary: Description of the purpose of the job Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the power generation units, its auxiliaries and equipment. Hence ensure safe working condition and environment, and emergency response to plant fault and alarms.
Brief Description of duties or the responsibilities for the job
Perform manual operations on a unit and auxiliaries by starting, running, synchronizing, loads, offload and shutdown the turbine generators in the power house on the instructions from shift Engineer.
Follow up and if possible with guidance from the Charge Engineer carry out basic
maintenance and test running of plant auxiliaries.
Execute work packages as allocated by the Shift Charge Engineer 4. Co-operate and support the Shift Charge Engineer and shift assistant to carry out their duties.
Monitors the plant operations auxiliaries at all times and in case of the system disturbance, normalizes the plant auxiliaries system through safe acceptable switching procedures.
Monitor, records and Report all alarms, trips, faults, abnormalities as they are picked up by computers, annunciators or gauges in the underground part of the station
• Ability to work under stress
• Good computer skills in related software application
• Excellent communication skills
• Must be highly organized, systematic and precise in work.
• Candidates should ideally have good knowledge of power plant processes and operations,
with relevant experience in Power Plants or related industries
• Self-motivated, independent and positive attitude.
• Customer focused.
• Good interpersonal skills