|Date Posted||August 5, 2019|
Science & Engineering
Job Title: SENIOR PLANNING ENGINEER -(02)
Department: Investment Planning & Promotion Reports to: Principal Planning Engineer
Grade: REA 5
Purpose: To undertake project identification, feasibility studies and packaging of Projects for Public and Private Investment.
Key Result Areas include:
• Undertake the identification of pipeline projects for investment in line with established guidelines.
• Undertake systems analysis of existing and planned power lines.
• Prepare Terms of Reference for feasibility studies, power line surveys and Engineering designs for identified projects.
• Review Consultant’s feasibility study reports.
• Prioritize the individual projects in line with established criteria.
• Participate in the procurement process as required from time to time in line with procurement guidelines.
• Gather and prepare project data for the GIS database and REA website updates.
• Carry out any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of the use of engineering software for system planning.
Ability to carry out bench marking studies in power line designs.
Demonstrated ability to pay attention to detail, strong persuasion and negotiation skills, excellent communication and presentation skills.
Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
Strong team player skills and possession of a demonstrated ability to manage stakeholders.
Willingness to work long hours, when necessary and flexibility to travel for upcountry assignments.