|Date Posted||December 6, 2018|
Media, Communications & Writing
Senior Communications and Public Relations Officer
Overall Job Purpose:
The Senior Communications and Public Relations Officer is responsible for the planning, preparation and implementation of public relations and corporate communication programmes of the East African Development Bank (EADB). The Senior Communications and Public Relations Officer is the focal point for all authorized communication and is expected to coordinate the development and implementation of the Bank’s communication strategy.
• Composes and edits press releases, company literature, and articles for internal and external use
• Reviews and updates Company’s website
• Establishes and manages a best in class and attractive web presence with online contents and marketing materials to generate traffic and allow easy user interface on company’s webpage
• Leads team to create strong social media presence and innovative campaigns that empowers stakeholders to spread the company’s brand virally and increase quality and quantity of followers
• Oversees paid media strategies to optimize brand awareness, online engagement, and recruitment efforts
• Maintains regular contact with customers to ensure understanding of business from customer’s perspective
• Drives process improvements within the Brand Management function.
• Master’s Degree in any brand and media related discipline would be an added advantage
• Experience in the Insurance Industry is necessary.