|Date Posted||August 19, 2019|
Science & Engineering
JOB TITLE: REGIONAL COFFEE TECHNICAL OFFICER (1 position)
DIRECTORATE: DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
DEPARTMENT: TECHNICAL EXTENSION
REPORTS TO: TECHNICAL EXTENSION MANAGER
DUTY STATION: UCDA FIELD OFFICES
Job Summary: To inspect coffee factories, equipment and factory infrastructure for ensuring good manufacturing practices. To disseminate agro-technical knowledge and skills to coffee farmers, buyers, processors, exporters and roasters for enhancement of
coffee quality standards and value.
Key Result Areas
1. Inspect and evaluate coffee buying stores, primary processing factories, wet mills, export grading factories and roasters.
2. Train coffee buyers and factory personnel (technicians, supervisors, and machine
operators) in good coffee processing skills and maintenance of factories.
3. Carry out regular field quality evaluations to determine out turn and screen size distribution.
4. Disseminate information on factory infrastructure, equipment and new processing
technology advances for enhancement of coffee quality.
5. Register coffee buyers, coffee stores, coffee processors, primary coffee processing
factories, wet mills, export grading factories, exporters and coffee
Report writing skills
Good time management skills
Membership of a professional body will be an added advantage.
Expected Personal Competences and Skills