|Date Posted||August 19, 2019|
JOB TITLE: REGIONAL COFFEE EXTENSION OFFICER (3 positions)
DIRECTORATE: DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
DUTY STATION: UCDA FIELD OFFICES
REPORTS TO: REGIONAL MANAGER
To coordinate all districts’ coffee activities for increasing production and productivity.
Key Result Areas
1. Implement and supervise coffee nursery development programs, distribution of seed
and seedlings; and oversee compliance with distribution procedures, and established standard operating guidelines.
2. Implement coffee extension programs, in line with the departmental guidelines.
3. Promote new technologies which have been developed by coffee research and disseminate the same to farmers.
4. Maintain surveillance on coffee diseases & pests and implement pest and disease control activities,
5. Liaise with and ensure effective collaboration with local authorities and other bodies with an interest in matters of coffee development in the respective districts.
6. Participate in development of work plans and budgets for the Region.
7. Provide technical support in the collection of coffee production and marketing data, and administering of questionnaires on coffee matters in the respective area of operation.
8. Monitor the quality of Coffee at the farm and enforcement coffee regulations by periodically checking on farmers.
9. Compile monthly reports on coffee activities in the sub region.
Good communication skills.
Team Work Skills.
Valid driving and riding permits.