|Date Posted||November 21, 2023|
Social Services & Nonprofit
Ministry of Defense and Makerere University Medical School (now Makerere University College of Health
Sciences). JCRC is located on plot 101 Lubowa Hill Off Entebbe Road P.O. Box 10005 Kampala.
Joint Clinical Research Centre seeks dynamic, motivated and innovative candidates for the positions below
in the USAID LPHS Kigezi & Lango project based in Kigezi.
About the JCRC USAID/LPHS- Kigezi & Lango:
USAID’s Local Partner Health Services – Kigezi & Lango is a five-year Activity implemented by Joint Clinical
Research Centre (JCRC) as a transition mechanism from USAID RHITES SW and USAID RHITES-N,
Lango to continue implementation of service delivery activities (HIV & TB) in Ankole and Kigezi as well as
Position: Program Officer
Reports to: DBT Manager
Supervises: Community Officers, VMMC officers, M&E Officer & Finance Officers
Location: Kabale Office
The Program Officer will work in collaboration with the DBT Manager and thematic area technical leads
to oversee the planning, implementation and monitoring of activities aimed at improving access to quality
HIV /TB Prevention, Care and Treatment services. S/he will work closely with facilities to ensure that HIV
/TB testing and treatment activities are in line with government of Uganda and project/donor priorities
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide technical leadership to ensure provision of quality integrated HIV/TB prevention, care and
treatment services aligned to the HIV Guidelines 2022 in the assigned district(s) of operation.
• Coordinate and conduct on-site coaching and mentorship on MOH and donor HIV/TB priorities at
district and Health Facility level.Compile weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual site, district, and project level reports.
• Coordinate and sustain the availability of supplies & logistics in the supported districts through real
time tracking, ordering, reporting and effective redistribution.
• Coordinate effective laboratory services in the supported sites and functionality of the hub/ hub
network within the district assigned.
• Perform any other duties as requested and assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and experience.
• Degree in Medicine or Nursing with Public Health/ project management as an added advantage
• At least 3 years of working with donor funded HIV/TB programs.
• Experience working with local government/districts and willingness to work upcountry.
• Excellent command of data analytics data use for decision making
• Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
• Ability to develop Activity plans and budgets.
• Computer proficiency in word, excel and power point.