|Date Posted||January 26, 2020|
Procurement and Logistics
Do you want your work to matter? Do you want to use your skills to make a difference, not just a living? Do you want to improve millions of lives, including your own?
Living Goods works to reinvent how we improve the lives of the under-served. We think big but operate lean and nimble. We believe community health is critical to deliver Universal Health Coverage and that community health workers (CHWs) are essential, because they bring health services to people’s doorsteps. But to truly make an impact, CHWs need to be digitally empowered, equipped with treatments, effectively supervised, and compensated.
We also help governments transform their community health systems and workforces. Using the disruptive power of mHealth, we’ve transformed ability of more than 7,000 community health workers to have a lifesaving impact across Africa. These community health workers educate, assess, treat and refer for common illnesses like pneumonia, diarrhea, and malaria that affect children under 5, they help ensure children get immunized on time, and they support women through their pregnancies and with family planning. They also provide primary healthcare to 6 million people at a fraction of the cost of doctors and nurses.
The secret to our success is a winning team. One that enables people to bring their ideas and creativity to work every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative culture, set high standards, meet challenges with determination and a have a sense of humor, come work for Living Goods!
• Carry out, under the guidance of the procurement manager, market surveys for goods and services
• Populate and maintain supplier database by carrying out assigned tasks related to the prequalification process or the ad hoc approval of new suppliers
• Provide advice and technical support to user departments in developing goods and service specifications for inclusion in requisition or request for proposal
• Review requisitions and clarify specifications, if needed, develop request for quotation (RFQ), circulate RFQ, evaluate and rank offers, and issue purchase orders
• Prepare purchase orders, documentation and contracts for goods, services and works of a value < USD 5,000
• Prepare documents to be reviewed by the Evaluation and the Procurement committees.
• Aid user department successfully launch contracts, monitor implementation, and evaluate contractors' performance.
Supports in Program/projects in data analysis, collation of information, reporting etc
Supervisory skills and high levels of integrity
Ability to communicate and share information verbally and in writing.
Learns from experience and applies what is learned to new situations.
Minimum of (1) year relevant experience for degree holders and (2) years relevant experience for diploma holders