|Date Posted||August 5, 2019|
Science & Engineering
Job Title: PRINCIPAL WAYLEAVES OFFICER (PWO) - 01
Department: Legal & Board Services
Reporting to: Manager, Legal & Board Services
REA : 4
To head and supervise the Wayleaves Unit negotiate and acquire wayleaves / a right of way for overhead and underground cables for the main grid and off grid rural electrification networks.
Key Result Areas:
• Identify and define Wayleaves policies and procedures in line with the Agency’s objectives taking into account the relevant applicable laws.
• Co-ordinate strategic linkages with key stakeholders such as Uganda Land Commission, Chief Government Valuer, and Local Government Structures.
• To interpret and examine wayleaves documents on behalf of the Agency and advice accordingly.
• Advise and provide guidance to the Agency on all matters relating to acquisition of land for wayleaves purposes to facilitate implementation of rural electrification projects.
• Provide support to the Legal Unit in providing information to Attorney General’s chambers in matters relating to wayleaves.
• Enforce REA’s wayleaves management policy.
• To negotiate and resolve complaints in relation to acquisition of right of way.
• Prepare terms of reference for Consultancy services for wayleaves acquisition.
• Review reports submitted by the Consultants for wayleaves acquisition to ensure that they comply with the provisions of the executed contracts.
• Undertake any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Excellent negotiation skills, communication and interpersonal skills
Experience in General Surveying Practice & Geographic Information Systems (GIS).