|Date Posted||August 22, 2019|
Science & Engineering
Job Title: Network Planning Engineer
Supervisor Title: Manager Planning and Investments
Contract Length: 5 years
Deadline: 30th August 2019
To develop Power Planning System Models used to inform Network Investment, Power Evacuation Arrangements, Loss Trajectories for purposes of Tariff Setting, Network Operational Stability, Load Flow
analysis and optimum network configurations to determine the reliability levels.
1. Prepare Power System Computer Models, perform Power System Simulations and advise Management on the Power System requirements, from Generation, Transmission to Distribution (for both on-grid and off-grid) and participate in the System Planning
and Coordination Committee activities.
2. Determine and monitor the loss trajectories and the associated investments for Transmission and Distribution Licensees.
3. Update System Network Models to reflect changes (current and prospective load growth, reliability, network growth and reconfigurations) in the networks of licensees on quarterly basis.
4. Carry out impact studies of new generation plants and technologies and advise management accordingly.
5. Produce system analysis reports to support the decision making process, regarding optimization of network resources.
Must have an understanding of Power System Hardware
(Transformers, Surge arresters, Circuit breakers, Transmission lines, cables and other passive devices), its capabilities & limitations.
Should be a registerable Engineer by UIPE/ERB.
Should be knowledgeable about the Electricity Supply Industry
Should be aged between 28-40 years
Should have a minimum of five (5) years relevant working
experience in the Electricity Sector with practical knowledge in
the Generation, Transmission and Distribution Systems.
Must have experience in Power Flow, Dynamic Stability and
An Honors University Degree in Electrical Engineering or