|Date Posted||August 26, 2021|
Accounting & Finance
Department/Office: United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
Duty Station: KAMPALA
Posting Period: 13 August 2021 - 26 August 2021
21-United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime-161773-Consultant
Result of Service
• Inception report, that details the methodology.
• Compilation of available data on the prevention of youth, crime, violence and drug use over the last 3 years.
• Desk review of national policies and frameworks regarding the participation of youth in sports, arts and culture.
• Conduct a rapid assessment report of interventions for available alternative livelihoods for youth.her relevant stakeholders.
• Develop a PowerPoint presentation based on the finalised report to be delivered at two (2) local and one (1) national policy workshop (s) on youth crime prevention to promote evidence-based interventions.
Work Location - Kampala, Uganda
Expected duration - 42 Working Days between August and September 2021
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Background of the assignment:
UNODC is the Office of the UN Secretariat maa Declaration, UNODC launched a global youth crime prevention initiative that builds on the power of sports as a tool for peace. The initiative aims to promote sports and related activities to prevent crime and to effectively build the resilience of at-risk youth.