|Date Posted||June 12, 2019|
Social Services & Nonprofit
Mother Care Groups Officer-One Vacancy based in Amudat-Re-advertised (Open to Uganda Nationals Only)
Organisation: Mercy Corps
Closing date: 24 Jun 2019
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions
into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
Now, and for the future.
Program / Department Summary
In October 2017, Mercy Corps was awarded a 5 year USAID/ Food for Peace- funded program working in 4 districts in Karamoja, the Apolou Activity. The Activity has four purposes with cross cutting themes of gender and youth and resilience: 1) Inclusive and effective governance contributes to food and nutrition security, 2) Improved health and nutritional status of pregnant and lactating women, children under five, and adolescent girls, 3) Improved WASH conditions and 4) Adolescent girls, adolescent boys, women and men access diverse and secure livelihoods through improved capacities and strengthened market systems. Apolou is implemented by a consortium of actors led by Mercy Corps, including Save the Children, Whave Solutions, four local partners (KAPDA, NARWOA and Riam Riam) and Tufts University’s Feinstein International Centre (FIC).
● Demonstrated skills in data collection, verification and documentation
● Proven skills in networking, team-building, community consultations and organizational development;
● Excellent reporting, communication and representation skills
● Willingness to consider new perspectives, promote gender equality and engage in advanced gender training
● Ability to ride a motorcycle and he/she should be in possession of a valid driving/riding license
● Proven knowledge and capacity in using computer basic applications MS word, Excel and internet
● In-depth knowledge of the social, cultural and economic context of Karamoja a plus
● Fluency in Pokot highly desired with Nga’Karamojong fluency a plus
The ability to communicate effectively, respectfully and enthusiastically with community structures will be one of the position’s three success factors. The second will be the degree to which the MCGofficer drives results, producing scheduled outputs at deadline and to expected quality. The third success factor will be the degree to which the officer effectively gathers activity monitoring and evaluation data and utilizes data to inform activity implementation and program learning.
HOW TO APPLY:
How to apply: Submit your application through email to email@example.com addressed to the Human Resource Director, Mercy Corps Uganda. Include a cover letter clearly stating your salary requirements, CV (with 3 referees), and copies of academic qualifications/certificates. Deadline for Submission: Close of business on Monday, 24th June, 2019.