|Date Posted||October 15, 2020|
Monitoring and Evaluation
MEL Coordinator - Proposal
Hope for Justice
The Addressing Child Trafficking and Slavery (ACTS) project (Proposal) will deliver an integrated suite of activities at multiple levels in order to address issues surrounding the commercial sexual exploitation and trafficking of children in Kampala. It will aim to reduce vulnerability of children and households to trafficking and exploitation through sustainable reintegration and economic strengthening, standardize trauma-informed care for survivors of trafficking across multiple structures to enable better support and navigation through justice systems and referral services. It will also ensure practitioners respond effectively to victims and survivors of trafficking through engagement with and immersive training in trauma-informed care models.
Subject to funding, Hope for Justice is seeking a MEL Coordinator to lead the implementation of the Project’s overall MEL system and framework to ensure timely information and feedback to project stakeholders to aid effective decision-making, facilitate learning, and assess project effectiveness. The key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
· Appropriately develop and manage monitoring frameworks and systems that will provide robust, accurate evidence to determine project success, as well as generate learning to enable project review and adaption where needed.
· Develop tools that track progress against targets including project outputs and outcomes.
· A degree in a relevant field, preferably statistics, behavioral or social sciences.
· Significant experience of managing MEL activities within an NGO environment.
· Experience of establishing and managing monitoring systems which capture output and outcome level data.
· Experience of leading learning activities to ensure M&E information is utilized to improve service delivery.
· Experience of facilitating training and ongoing support to staff, partner staff and key stakeholders in MEL activities.