|Date Posted||August 13, 2019|
Job Title : Medical Officer
Vacancy Code : MOX01
Classification : Full time
Reporting : Field Office Coordinator
Duty Station : Koboko
Summary of role: The Medical Officer will ensure delivery of quality HIV/AIDS care
and treatment services to clients by providing technical and leadership support to health facility teams.
Major roles and responsibilities
1. Provide leadership to facility-based technical team members to ensure timely
delivery on key project tasks.
2. Lead mentorship and training efforts to build capacity of facility teams to deliver
high quality HIV/AIDS care services.
3. Provide clinical care to HIV/AIDS patients attending IDI-supported health
facilities in line with standard care and treatment guidelines.
4. Coordinate appropriate referral and management of complex patients through liaison with senior care specialists and tertiary treatment centres.
5. Lead performance monitoring initiatives and routine data use activities at IDI
supported health facilities to guide implementation of project activities
Understands client confidentiality and exhibits high level of ethical conduct
Has basic computer literacy including word processing, excel, internet and power point.
Completion of Internship
Full and active registration with the UMDPC
Additional training in HIV/AIDS care and opportunistic infections