|Date Posted||August 7, 2019|
Science & Engineering
JOB TITLE: MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN
WORK CENTER: KARUMA HPP
Job Summary: Description of the purpose of the job
To ensure that the mechanical elements in the power plant are maintained according to set
maintenance standard and as per the planned maintenance schedules or as instructed by the
Key Responsibilities: Brief description of duties or the responsibilities for the job
1. Responsible for reading and interpreting technical assembly drawings, schematics etc.
required for repair and maintenance.
2. Conferring with other technicians and personnel of the power plant to implement
operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions and provide technical information
for improvement of maintenance.
3. Install, test and commission mechanical machinery, equipment, systems and
processes to meet the requirements of the power plant.
4. Apply knowledge of engineering principals to design and make changes to
installations with a view to improving performance or providing a solution to a
problem- engineering solutions.
• Familiar with installation practice, testing and commissioning of field civil instrumentation
such strain gauges, piezometers etc
• Excellent knowledge of machines, spare parts, operations and maintenance
• Excellent observation skills
• Excellent analysis skills
• A sound knowledge regarding safety measures
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving abilities
• Good communication and motivation skills
• Ability to work in a team
Additional Skills: In addition to the experience and educational requirements listed above
Post graduate certificates in other fields of engineering such as mechatronics, automation etc. is an added advantage