|Date Posted||August 6, 2019|
Science & Engineering
JOB TITLE: MECHANICAL FITTER WORK
CENTER: ISIMBA HPP
Job Summary: Description of the purpose of the job
The Mechanical Fitter shall perform a variety of maintenance and utility fitter duties consistent
with the operation of UEGCL to ensure that the mechanical elements in the power plant run
smoothly to generate power. The duties shall include but not limited to maintenance, repair and
overhaul of a variety of plant equipment.
Key Responsibilities: Brief description of duties or the responsibilities for the job
1. Correctly use and maintain PPE at all times, use and maintain workshop tools in accordance
with the work specifications and conditions.
2. Maintain excellent levels of housekeeping
3. Perform complete maintenance, repair and overhaul of plant equipment, auxiliary turbines
and related equipment, including governors, pressure relays, bearings, couplings, control
valves, over speed tripping mechanisms, turbine diaphragms and related equipment.
4. Maintain accurate and complete maintenance records for the work performed.
• Ability to use precision instruments such as Vernier callipers, surface and depth gauges, dial
indicators and related maintenance equipment.
• Skill in the use of torque wrenches, pipe cutting, threading, gas/electric welding, hydraulic.
press, lathe, power saws, drill press, grinders, and shapers.
• Skill in the use of testing and measuring devices including micrometres and mechanical analysis vibration equipment for the process of diagnosing, repairing and testing equipment and systems used to align rotors such as shafts, pumps, and fans, etc.
major repair workshop or similar work places are needed for this position.
•Other relevant certificates in other fields of engineering such as mechatronics, automation etc.