|Date Posted||November 20, 2019|
Computer & IT
IT Specialist, Feed the Future Uganda Inclusive Agricultural Markets Activity
Organisation: DAI Global
Closing date: 06 Dec 2019
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments.
DAI seeks an IT Specialist for a five-year, $24 million dollar USAID-funded agriculture program. The Feed the Future Uganda Inclusive Agricultural Markets Activity (FtF IAM) works with agro-industry/agribusiness firms, Government of Uganda institutions and agencies, and market actor organizations on creating efficiencies in cross-market functions that enhance systemic changes to sustainably increase incomes and improve the livelihoods of households through agriculture-led inclusive economic growth. The Activity contributes to the Global Food Security Strategy (GFSS) Uganda Country Plan goal of reducing hunger, malnutrition, and poverty, as well as the USAID/Uganda Country Development Cooperation Strategy’s (CDCS) 2016-2021 five-year goal of strengthening Uganda’s systems to accelerate inclusive education, health, and economic outcomes. The Activity works throughout the FtF Uganda Zone of Influence (ZOI), which covers 38 districts spread across four regions of Uganda.
The IT Specialist will manage the IT network, and computer equipment for the project. Under the direction of the Director of Finance and Administration, s/he will be responsible for the proper maintenance and functioning of the server, computer equipment, and multimedia equipment as well as for the design and maintenance of the project’s webpage and databases. Other responsibilities include:
· Manage and troubleshoot all software, servers, local networks and IP PBX system.
· Assess local availability of IT equipment.
· Assist in procuring and providing staff with appropriate IT and communications equipment (cell phones, satellite phones, laptops, cartridges, toner etc.).
· Provide technical advice and support to service arrangements with Ugandan ICT service providers.
· Design and maintain databases relating to the project’s business contacts and monitoring and evaluation.
· Verify, as required, data entry by project staff and partners.
· Properly maintain all computer and multimedia equipment in the project offices
· Quickly respond to problems or interruption in network access
Experience working with Microsoft-based applications.
Experience working for donor-funded projects preferred