|Date Posted||May 14, 2019|
Job Title: Intervention Manager, Access and Usage (AU)
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Financial Services.
Application Deadline: May 30, 2019
About Financial Sector Deepening Uganda (FSDU)
Financial Sector Deepening Uganda (FSDU) is an independent not-for-profit company committed to promoting greater access to and usage of financial services in Uganda. FSD Uganda seeks to develop a more inclusive financial sector with a focus on low-income individuals (particularly women) and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs).
About this role
The Access and Usage of the Financial Services (AU) pillar at FSDU works with the public and private sector financial services providers under specific thematic areas of Savings, Investment and Insurance, Credit and Payments. The scope of work includes an integrated approach focusing on financial services innovation (piloting and development) targeting women, the youth, Small & Medium Enterprises, the disabled and forcibly displaced persons in order to increase access and usage of financial services in the country.
The intervention manager will support the Head of Financial Services in delivering the identified interventions as per the overall organizational strategy.
• Demonstrable understanding of digital financial services, financial inclusion, market research and business gap analysis
• Demonstated experience working in the private sector innovative financial services
• Demonstrated experience in problem solving
• Proven track record in relationship management and stakeholder coordination - consultants /
service providers including development of terms of reference where required • Exceptional communications skills (especially strong writing skills)
• Team work skills Optional
• Understanding of the local Ugandan financial inclusion environment would be an added advantage.
• At least 5 years of demonstrable experience, at least 3 of which should be in the financial services, business development and business analysis space
A Bachelor’s degree in any field, preferably economics, public policy, business administration
• A Master’s degree in Economics, Public Policy, Business Administration would be an added advantage.