|Date Posted||December 6, 2018|
Accounting & Finance
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Vacancy Notice: Internal/External
Vacancy Notice number 056/2018
Position Number 10026825
Location: Arua Position Grade: GL4
Closing Date: 2018-12-10
The Finance Assistant is supervised by the Finance Officer or the National Finance (or Admin) Officer who defines work objectives and provides regular advice and guidance. The incumbent workload and the assignments will remain under constant scrutiny and direction of the supervisor. The incumbent also refers to UNHCR Manuals and relevant policy papers on financial issues.
- Assist newly arriving or departing international staff members on opening/closing bank account; process their entitlement upon assignment. - Compile and verify budget and accounting data by checking files, calculating expenditure and estimating projections. - Issue PO and non-PO vouchers including monthly salaries of UNHCR national and international staff, daily subsistence allowance to staff going on official missions, cost of air-tickets, requisitions of goods and services based on agreements with the suppliers, office running common cost, rental and salary advances, lease agreements of UNHCR offices, etc. - Process on-line bank transfers ensuring that bank accounts of staff and suppliers are complete. - Liaise with other functional units who work closely with Finance Unit on relevant issues. - If applicable, may be required to assist in the preparation of the VAT refund submissions and monitoring of the reimbursable amounts. - Maintain efficient and timely archiving system of physical and electronic files to ensure that all documents are accounted for. - May be assigned as the custodian of the office petty-cash. - Draft routine correspondence. - Perform any other related tasks as required.
Accountability and Authority
- Financial transactions and reconciliations are processed in line with relevant policies and procedures.
- Fluency in English and good knowledge of the local language is an asset.
- Knowledge of MSRP PeopleSoft application or similar software.
- Good knowledge of UNHCR financial rules, regulations, procedures and processes.
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to the functions of the position.