|Date Posted||March 5, 2019|
Science & Engineering
JOB TITLE: Facilities Engineer
REPORTS TO: Drilling and Completions Manager
JOB PURPOSE: Responsible for supporting engineering operations of plants and
surface production facilities, including troubleshooting, process
modelling, performance monitoring, and identification of
improvement opportunities (production, safety, efficiency).
1. Provide engineering assistance to operations of plants and surface production facilities
including troubleshooting of process operating problems, conducting special tests,
developing reports and reporting of production status.
2. Evaluate and implement process improvements to increase production capacity,
improve operation efficiency and reliability of surface facilities.
3. Assist in the estimation, tracking and forecasting of budgets for OPEX and CAPEX for
facilities and plants.
4. Participate in initiatives to enhance facilities’ safety, upgrade environmental safeguards,
and ensure the overall optimization of process operation.
5. Evaluate partners’ facilities’ engineering proposals and participate in meetings with
partners and Authorities, if required.
6. Assist in matters of evaluation, selection and coordination of vendors supplying services,
materials, equipment and other needs for operation of surface facilities and plants.
7. Provide guidance for process design and development of key deliverables for surface
facilities such as; PFD, P&IDs, Control Narratives, and Equipment/Valve/Pipe Sizing
8. Support the creation and interpretation of Company engineering and facilities’ standards.
Educate engineering and operations teams on how these standards apply to upstream oil
and gas facility design, engineering, and operation.
9. Support and maintain facilities performance reporting and facilities Project KPIs.
Effectively communicate project tracking and reporting as needed.
10. Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Expertise in Process Thermodynamic Simulation Software such as; ProMAX and Aspen HYSYSand
Master’s degree in Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering or any other relevant master’s degree will be an added advantage.
facilities/process management and maintenance.