|Date Posted||March 25, 2020|
Transportation & Logistics
Under the Development Initiative for Northern Uganda (DINU), a Government of Uganda programme supported by the European Union (EU) and supervised by Office of the Prime Minister, International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) has received a grant to implement an action, Building resilience to enhance food and nutrition security, incomes and health in Northern Uganda.
The three-year grant action will be implemented by a consortium of partners in seven districts of Amolatar, Apac, Dokolo, Otuke and Kwania in Lango sub-region, and Kapelebyong
and Amuria in Teso sub-region.
IITA is one of the 15 Institutes of the CGIAR global research partnerships with headquarters in Ibadan Nigeria, and in Uganda, permanent offices are in Namulonge and Kampala
respectively. IITA is a not-for-profit International Research organization, whose focus is on transforming African agriculture through Agricultural Research for Development as well as
Partnership for Development and is governed by the Board of Trustees.
IITA Uganda is seeking to recruit a qualified person to fill the vacancy of Driver for the IITA-led DINU Project. The successful candidate will be based in Dokolo office– Lango sub region working
in all the seven districts. The position will be for an initial period of two years renewable subject to availability of funds, a successful probation period and high performance throughout the
implementation of the project.
• Provide secure and timely driving services to the DINU project staff, goods/documents and any other person authorized to travel in official transport
• Deliver payment transfers to the bank and/or the suppliers, assist with postage and with pick up of office purchases
• Regularly maintain DINU project transport assets and ensure they are in perfect condition with up to date licenses
• Determine when and what kind of maintenance the vehicle needs, keep track of general vehicle maintenance schedules
• Update monthly mileage records -Maintain logbook of each service vehicle on daily basis.
Good English language understanding, speaking and writing skills
Ability to manage competing demands and work under pressure of frequent and tight deadlines
Proven ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect
• Good IQ and capability to manage emergency situations on the road, if any particularly at the
time of traffic accident
• Formal/hand on technical training on vehicles maintenance and repairing work are preferable.
• Willing to undertake intensive field trips outside the duty station
• Good health/physical fitness certified by a professional registered Doctor
Experience with maintenance of vehicle records and transport files.