|Date Posted||March 6, 2019|
Energy & Mining
JOB TITLE: Drilling and Completions Engineer
REPORTS TO: Drilling and Completions Manager
JOB PURPOSE: Design and monitor cost-effective drilling and well
completions. Devise methods to improve oil and gas well
1. Develop cost and schedules for exploration, appraisal and development wells
according to UNOC approved processes. Prepare AFE’s for the works, review invoices
and obtain appropriate approvals.
2. Design well trajectories, completions and perforations. Work with stakeholders to
develop best fit technical solutions for life of well, which considers full expected
3. Prepare and monitor drilling, completions, workover and fluid programs to ensure
that operations are conducted in compliance with industry standards, regulations and
4. Provide post well support by working with the integrated project team and external
stakeholders to compile end of well documentation, in line with Company and Partner
5. Evaluate partners’ drilling and completions proposals and participate in meetings
with Partners and Authorities, when required.
6. Identify the need for change of the drilling and completion program, operation or
contract system and initiate the Management of Change (MOC) process for any
7. Collaborate with an integrated team of production engineers, reservoir engineers,
geologists and other technical disciplines to ensure that well designs for UNOC and
non-operated projects comply with UNOC Policies and Standards.
8. Supervise the removal of drilling equipment and wastes from UNOC operated assets.
9. Explore and recommend well design and new technology applications, provide
associated risk and economic analyses of their implementation where appropriate.
10. Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Ability to work independently, but also work effectively within a multi-disciplinary
team environment to develop appropriate work programmes.
Manufacturing/Production Engineering or related engineering field.
Master’s degree in Petroleum Engineering or a any other relevant master’s degree will be an added advantage.