|Date Posted||May 15, 2019|
Director of Programmes
Job Title: Director of Programmes
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: Head of Business Environment, Head of Infrastructure, Head of Financial Services, Results Measurement & Learning Specialist and Research Specialist
Application Deadline: May 30, 2019
About Financial Sector Deepening Uganda (FSDU)
Financial Sector Deepening Uganda (FSDU) is an independent not-for-profit company committed to
promoting greater access to and usage of financial services in Uganda. FSD Uganda seeks to develop a
more inclusive financial sector with a focus on low-income individuals (particularly women) and Micro,
Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs).
About this role
FSD Uganda is looking for a dynamic Director of programmes to provide strategic leadership and direction
to the FSD Uganda programmes and lead of the team of technical specialists.
The Director of programmes will be responsible for ensuring that the FSDU programmes achieve their intended objectives, resulting in a significant impact on financial markets development and financial inclusion for all in Uganda. He/she bears the ultimate responsibility of supporting, developing and ensuring well-coordinated pillars that deliver results in such a way as to maximise achievement of FSDU’s vision.
• Demonstrable understanding of digital financial services, financial inclusion, market research and business gap analysis
• Demonstated experience working in the private sector innovative financial services
• Demonstrated experience in problem solving
• Proven track record in relationship management and stakeholder coordination - consultants / service providers including development of terms of reference where required
• At least 5 years of demonstrable experience, at least 3 of which should be in the financial services, business development and business analysis space.
A Bachelor’s degree in any field, preferably economics, public policy, business administration
• A Master’s degree in Economics, Public Policy, Business Administration would be an added advantage.