|Date Posted||May 11, 2022|
Applicants should be Ugandans holding an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized university plus a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre. Possession of a Master’s Degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage. Applicants should possess Management qualifications and Membership to relevant professional Associations.
Applicants should have a minimum of ten (10) years working experience in legal practice five (5) of which should have been gained at Commissioner or Head of Department level in Government or from a reputable organization.
The incumbent will be responsible to the Executive Director for performing the following duties:-
- Developing and leading corporate legal strategy to promote and protect the institutional matters;
- Supervising and conducting KCCA litigation in courts of Law and other adjudicating fora in line with the applicable Laws, the HRMM and the Advocates guidelines.
- Drafting legal documents and review draft legislation in accordance with management and council decisions;
- Developing and reviewing strategies for the Authority’s litigation advocacy efforts and evaluate impact of the function on the departments work plan and objectives;
- Negotiating out of court settlements on behalf of KCCA and generate reports in line with the HRMM and professional guidelines;
- Conducting research on legal matters, interpret laws, advise and guide the Authority on any Legal Matters;
- Receiving and disseminating information and services of all legal documents and prepare responses in accordance with the KCCA Act and other relevant laws;
- Developing, supervising and implementing the legal structures, systems and processes of the Directorate;
- Managing the performance and development of staff under direct supervision in accordance with the Performance Management guidelines.
Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.