|Date Posted||May 25, 2020|
Personal Care & Services
JOB TITLE: CUSTODIAN (2 VACANCIES)
Salary Scale: (M12)
Responsible to: Assistant University Secretary
Responsible for: Cleaners
Age of the Applicant: (30-40 years)
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To ensure custody of institutional property and maintenance of facilities.
1. Ensures proper cleanliness and proper order of all lecture rooms and Offices including furniture.
2. Works with concerned staff to ensure security of persons and property within the University.
3. Keeps an inventory of all furniture fittings, machines and equipment used in the University and ensuring they are properly used and maintained.
4. Reports on faulty systems and broken furniture
5. Ensures that doors and windows are opened and closed at appropriate times and
that lights are switched on and off before and after lectures.
6. Reports any problems in the area of jurisdiction to the supervisor.
7. Prepares the Semester report on the status of facilities and equipment in the area of jurisdiction.
8. Supervises Staff, assesses performance and identifies training needs and recommends appropriate training.
9. Proper records management.
KEY RESULT AREAS
1. An up -to-date assets inventory.
2. Facilities and equipment are properly stored and maintained.
3. Materials and equipment items are requisitioned timely.
4. Semester Reports on problems in their areas of jurisdiction are timely produced
5. Damages are timely reported for repairs.
6. Performance assessment conducted by 31st July and performance plans agreed
with Staff by 31st August every year.
High level of integrity.
Demonstrated computer knowledge in MS Word and MS Excel
At least three year work experience in Office Management work.
Note: Persons holding Bachelor’s degree should not apply
The applicant should have a Diploma in any of the following fields from a
i. Social Works and Social Administration
ii. Public Administration and Management
iv. Records Management