|Date Posted||May 15, 2019|
Business Environment Intervention Manager
Job Title: Intervention Manager, Business Environment (BE)
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Business Environment.
Application Deadline: May 30, 2019
About Financial Sector Deepening Uganda (FSDU)
Financial Sector Deepening Uganda (FSDU) is an independent not-for-profit company committed to promoting greater access to and usage of financial services in Uganda. FSD Uganda seeks to develop a more inclusive financial sector with a focus on low-income individuals (particularly women) and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs).
About this role
The Business Environment (BE) pillar at FSDU works closely with the public sector, financial sector regulators and key meso institutions -namely industry associationslike Uganda Bankers Association (UBA), Financial Technology Services Providers Association (FTSPA) Association, Association of Microfinance Institutions of Uganda (AMFIU), Uganda Insurers Association (UIA). Our work ranges from inputs into policy drafts, supporting the development of regulation, to nudging the public sector to think through next generation of financial product and services licensing, supervision with an aim of creating a forward looking, and enabling business climate in the country.
Demonstrated experience in research, policy, legal and regulatory analysis
• Demonstated experience working with financial sector regulators
• Demonstated experience in policy advocacy within and or without government
• Proven track record in managing teams and consultants / service providers including
development of terms of reference where required
• Exceptional communications skills (especially strong writing skills)
• Team work skills Optional
• Understanding of the local Ugandan regulatory and financial inclusion environment would be an added advantage.
• At least 5 years of demonstrable experience, at least 3 of which should be in the financial inclusion, business environment, regulatory space.
A Bachelor’s degree in any field, preferably in Economics or Law
• A Master’s degree in Economics, Laws or related fields (added advantage)